Wildwood, Florida - Est. 1877

 
 
 
 
How Your Bill Is Computed

THE SEWER CHARGE HAS TWO PARTS:

  1. BASE RATE:  The monthly base rate of $10.78 allows the City to meet financial commitments such as the loan payment and fixed operation costs.  This charge continues whether you are occupying your residence in Wildwood or away on vacation.
  2. VARIABLE RATE:  This is based on 90% of your water usage. (This is the part of the charge that can be suspended if you go on vacation by notifying us to discontinue services.)  This amount is assumed to go through the sewer system (from toilets, sinks, baths & showers, cooking, etc.) to the sewer plant for treatment.  90% of the water usage is an accepted standard used nationally to estimate how much water is consumed inside of a residence.  The other 10% of water is assumed to be used for irrigation, car washing, outside maintenance, etc.
  3. THE VARIABLE RATE COST IS:  $2.87 per 1,000 gallons or any part thereof, which we must treat.

 

*EXAMPLE:  If you used 3,000 gallons of water, your utility bill would be computed in the following manner:

Water Charges:

     Water Charge: $1.42 per 1,000 gallons used (3 x $1.42)

$

4.26

     Water Base Rate:

$

6.07

     5% Utility Tax on Water Charges ($10.33 x .5%)

$

.52

Sewer Charges:

 

 

     Base rate:

$

10.78

     Variable rate: (3 x 90% x $2.87)

$

7.74

Garbage Charge (Residential includes yard debris):

$

16.50

TOTAL BILL:

$45.87













*The above base rates are based on a standard 5/8 x 3/4 meter